Vice President, Talent Initiatives & Executive Director, Hello West Michigan616.818.9080 email@example.com
Cindy Brown serves as the Executive Director for Hello West Michigan, a talent attraction and retention initiative promoting West Michigan as a great place to live and work. The organization, which helps member companies increase their rate of success in recruiting top talent, is the only organization of its kind in the country. Under Cindy’s leadership, Hello West Michigan has grown its membership, programming, and regional awareness, helping establish West Michigan as a destination for top talent.
Through Hello West Michigan’s strategic partnership with The Right Place, Cindy also serves as the Vice President of Talent Initiatives and collaborates with other talent related organizations to address regional talent pipeline challenges.
Prior to her career at Hello West Michigan, Cindy served as Project Manager for the West Michigan Internship Initiative and had a lengthy career at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. She has over 20 years of leadership experience in recruiting, employee development, training, and facilitation. She excels at attracting talent, generating awareness, and connecting individuals to resources.
Community Involvement and Recognition
- West Michigan Woman Brilliance Connector Award (2017)
- West Michigan Works! Workforce Development Board Member
- Goodwill Industries of Greater Grand Rapids Board of Directors
- Vice President Pulaski Days Committee
- Past-President for the Michigan Career Educator & Employer Alliance
- Michigan College Educator and Employer Alliance Don Hunt Service Award (2011)
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration | Aquinas College
Favorite part about living in West Michigan
Cindy’s favorite part about living in West Michigan is Lake Michigan, the sunsets, beaches, and the lake effect snow. She also loves being less than two hours away from family.