Kathy Jo VanderLaan
Business Development Coordinator - Montcalm616-498-0374 firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Business Development Coordinator for Montcalm County at The Right Place, Kathy Jo works to keep and grow Montcalm manufacturers by bringing them local, state, and federal resources. She is also involved with workforce development partners such as the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center-West (The Center-West), Montcalm Community College, and the K-12 system.
Prior to her position at The Right Place, Kathy Jo worked for five years as the Business Services Manager for Central Area Michigan Works! Consortium, covering four counties. She also has 14 years of experience as the Executive Director of the Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce.
Certifications, Awards, and Community Involvement
- Business Services Professional certification
- Recipient of Greenville BPW Woman of the Year
- Greenville Area Chamber Marian Kemp Outstanding Citizen
- Danish Festival Grand Marshal
- Flat River Community Players and the Flat River Big Band
- Chair of Have Mercy
- Greenville Public Schools’ Elmer Russell School Bell Award
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Certified Grant Administrator (CGA)
- Foremost Farms (33 jobs, $57.9M Capital Investment)
- Parker Hannifin (46 jobs, $5.1M Capital Investment)
- Byrne Electrical Specialists Expansion (32 Jobs, $1M Capital Investment)
- Streamline Machine Source Expansion (2 Jobs, $300,000 Capital Investment)
- National Warehouse Logistics Retention & Expansion in Lakeview (5 New Jobs, 10 Retained Jobs, $150,000 Capital Investment)
- Milacron Retention & Expansion in Greenville (60 New Jobs, 53 Retained Jobs, $5M Capital Investment)
- Bachelor of Arts, Speech, Communications, and Theatre | Albion College
- Associates, Fine Arts | Grand Rapids Community College
Favorite part about living in West Michigan
Kathy Jo’s favorite part about living in West Michigan is the ability to be involved at the local community level as well as the access to great entertainment, arts, and restaurants. She also enjoys Michigan’s great outdoors, especially being only an hour from Lake Michigan.