Regional Air Alliance
The Regional Air Alliance is a private sector initiative dedicated to providing world-class commercial air service in the region. Our goal is to serve as a catalyst for improved air service in West Michigan for the benefit of area residents, businesses, and visitors.
We are committed to positioning West Michigan commercial air service as both 'best in class' and a key regional asset through ongoing efforts focused on:
- Airport passenger service quality
- Airport operating performance bench-marking
- Air service economic impact analysis
- Airline service retention
- Airline service recruitment
To pursue, through research, study, analysis and experimentation, the advancement, improvement and promotion of commercial air service in West Michigan for the benefit of the residents and companies that do business in the region. Our goal is to identify how improved commercial air service contributes to improved quality of life for residents and more efficient operations for business.
About the Gerald R. Ford Airport (GRR)
Gerald R. Ford International Airport is served by six passenger airlines with 120 daily scheduled nonstop flights to and from 29 major market destinations. There are two cargo airlines located at Gerald R. Ford International, and more than 249,435 pounds of air cargo pass through Gerald R. Ford International Airport each day.
- Approximately 9,000 travelers pass through Gerald R. Ford International Airport each day.
- More than 1,800 people work at the airport, the majority being employed by airport tenants.
- The airport generates over $3.1 billion annually in economic activity throughout its West Michigan 13-county service area.
- The airport is financially self-supporting and receives no funding from property taxes, general funds, or special taxes. Airport operations and improvements generate local net airport revenue, rather than spend valuable tax dollars.
For more information about the Gerald R. Ford Airport, please visit the airport's website.
How to get involved
If your business is interested in getting involved with the Regional Air Alliance, please contact us at email@example.com