Regional Air Alliance Current Initiatives
Gateway Transformation Project
The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is currently undergoing a $45M Gateway Transformation Project, with phase one of the project scheduled to be completed by summer 2017.
The Gateway Transformation Phase one will include the following upgrades:
- New, centralized sercurity checkpoint
- Grand Hall expansion that will provide new retail, food, and beverage spaces
- New terrazzo flooring, lighting fixtures, restrooms, lactation stations, and business centers
- Reconstructed indoor observation area
- Murals reflecting the West Michigan art scene
- A new exhibit in the Grand Hall dedicated to 38th President Gerald R. Ford
Phase two will begin after completion of phase one, and will incude improvements to airline ticketing, baggage screening, and baggage claim areas.
Stay current on construction updates from the Gateway Transformation project at this link.