Regional Air Alliance Current Initiatives
Gateway Transformation Project
The Gerald R. Ford International Airport is currently undergoing a $45M Gateway Transformation Project, with phase one of the project complete.
The Gateway Transformation phase one included the following upgrades:
- New, consolidated security checkpoint
- New Prospect Hill restaurant and Starbucks located in the new post-security marketplace
- New terrazzo flooring, lighting fixtures, and restrooms
- New pre- and post-security nursing rooms
- A refreshed pre-security business center and new post-security business center
- Reconstructed indoor observation area
- Murals reflecting the West Michigan art scene
- A new exhibit in the Grand Hall dedicated to 38th President Gerald R. Ford
Phase two will begin soon and will include improvements to airline ticketing, baggage screening, and baggage claim areas.
Stay current on construction updates from the Gateway Transformation project at this link.