Chief Operating Officer/Assistant Treasurer616-771-0312 email@example.com
As the Chief Operating Officer at The Right Place, Twayne directs all activities related to accounting, finance, human resources, information technology, infrastructure, operations, contracts, and third party consultants. He also leads events and operations staff as well as the Leadership Team and professional staff. Twayne works with The Right Place president to ensure that The Right Place is the premier economic development organization in the United States.
Twayne’s overarching goal is to remove barriers to the success of team members and the organization. This includes providing leadership, strategic vision, appropriate training or technology, or other support.
Twayne has been with The Right Place for 24 years. He began as the Controller in 1995, was promoted to Chief Administrative Officer in 2004, and in 2009, began his role as Chief Operating Officer. He was employee number 13 when he first started, and now The Right Place has a total of 36 team members.
- Master of Science in Administration with a concentration in Leadership | Central Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Majors in Accounting and Production Operations Management | Central Michigan University.
- Central Michigan University’s Grand Rapids Higher Education Network Award
- Inducted into Michigan Racquetball Hall of Fame
- Gold Level Certification, Institute of Management Accountants Leadership Academy
- Leadership Advantage, Grand Rapids’ Center for Community Leadership
- Ionia County Economic Alliance Board of Directors
- Montcalm County Economic Alliance Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member
- West Michigan Sports Commission Advisory Board, Finance Committee Member and Strategic Planning Committee Member
- Michigan Sports Alliance founding President
- LaughFest Cabinet Co-Chair
- United Way Campaign Coordinator
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Society of Human Resource Managers
Favorite part about living in West Michigan
Twayne’s favorite part about living in West Michigan is that it has an amazing confluence of big city amenities and attractions, with a small town feel. He also loves the world class arts and entertainment, amazing beaches, shopping, restaurants, and vibrant downtown. “The community engagement and philanthropy are unmatched. It’s an amazing place to live.”