Chief Operating Officer/Assistant Treasurer616-771-0312 email@example.com
As the Chief Operating Officer at The Right Place, Twayne directs all activities related to finance, human resources, information technology, infrastructure and administration, contracts, and third party consultants. He also leads events and administrative staff as well as the Leadership Team and professional staff. Twayne works with The Right Place president to ensure that The Right Place is the premier economic development organization in the Midwest. Overall, he facilitates and executes the strategic planning process and direction of the organization.
Twayne’s overarching goal is to remove barriers for the success of team members and the organization. This includes providing leadership, strategic vision, appropriate training or technology, or other support.
Twayne has been with The Right Place for 22 years. He began as the Controller in 1995, was promoted to Chief Administrative Officer in 2004, and in 2009, began his role as Chief Operating Officer. He was employee number 13 when he first started, and now The Right Place has a total of 33 team members.
- Master of Science, Administration with concentration in Leadership | Central Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting, and Production Operations Management | Central Michigan University.
- Central Michigan University’s Grand Rapids Higher Education Network Award
- Inducted into Michigan Racquetball Hall of Fame
- Gold Level Certification, Institute of Management Accountants Leadership Academy Leadership Advantage, Grand Rapids’ Center for Community Leadership
- Ionia County Economic Alliance Board of Directors
- Montcalm County Economic Alliance Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member
- Racquetball Association of Michigan Board of Directors, President and Treasurer
- West Michigan Sports Commission Board of Directors, Finance Committee Member and Strategic Planning Committee Member
- Michigan Sports Alliance founding President
- Meijer State Games of Michigan Board of Directors, President
- LaughFest Cabinet Member
- United Way Campaign Coordinator
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Society of Human Resource Managers
- Nonprofit Roundtable Mentor and Participant
Favorite part about living in West Michigan
Twayne’s favorite part about living in West Michigan is that it has an amazing confluence of big city amenities and attractions, with a small town feel. He also loves the world class arts and entertainment, amazing beaches, shopping, restaurants, and vibrant downtown. “The community engagement and philanthropy are unmatched. It’s an amazing place to live.”