West Michigan Intern Connect 2019 | Hello West Michigan
Time and Date
June 19, 2019 12:30PM – 5:00PM
11 Ottawa Ave NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Interns: Before you register check with your employer and your college to see if they are picking up the tab.
Companies & Colleges: You have the opportunity to sponsor your interns to attend this conference. Contact Jessica Kuster at 616-301-8210 for more information.
West Michigan Intern Connect is a half-day professional development conference designed to help you make the most of your summer internship experience. The conference will be focused on soft (essential) skills interns need: positive communication in the workplace, interpreting dress code, navigating networking events, and #adulting.
What to expect:
Session 1: A Positive Workplace Starts with You, Dr. Dave
- Learn the importance of being authentic, communicating positively and effectively, finding balance, celebrating successes, and giving yourself grace.
Session 2: Interpreting the Dress Code Fashion Show
- Just how casual is casual Friday? See what your professional wardrobe could look like and what key items you should think about adding.
Sessions 3: Navigating Networking Events
- Walking into a networking event can be daunting. Learn the dos and don't of networking and feel confident walking into the room next time.
Session 4: Networking
- Put your skills to the test as you network with local companies and fellow West Michigan interns.
Session 5: #Adulting
- Hear from a panel of young professionals about their transition into the workforce and how they navigated the world of #adulting. They will share the tips they learned along the way, what they wish they had done or known, and what made them be successful.