There are many resources and programs available to help Lake County companies with their workforce development and talent needs.
To learn more, please contact Jodi Nichols. She can be reached at email@example.com
Talent Assistance (Hello West Michigan)
Hello West Michigan promotes the region as a place where business thrives and people want to live and work. They seek to increase the rate of success member companies have in their efforts to recruit top talent. Through members and collaborations with other regional organizations, Hello West Michigan helps new residents find their fit in West Michigan. Services include:
- One-stop shop website for people interested in relocating to West Michigan
- Job Portal featuring open positions at member companies
- Candidate Database: Relocating, new in town, or a trailing significant other? Upload your resume here
- Events: Networking, career fairs, ReThink West Michigan
Technical Training (MMTC-West)
The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center - West is a one-stop solution for manufacturers, providing custom consulting, training and peer-to-peer learning opportunities designed to help manufacturers:
- Increase revenue and profitability
- Accelerate speed to market
- Increase production capacity
- Improve competitiveness
- Improve customer responsiveness
- Increase cost measurement accuracy
Workforce Preparedness and Talent Enhancement
Michigan Works! West Central is part of a statewide network that connects employers with talent. Its multiple programs and services focus within two program areas:
- Employer Services - Michigan Works! provides a spectrum of human resources services for area employers, including:
- Staffing Needs - Assistance in creating job descriptions, assessment, and screening tools.
- Talent Attraction - Promoting job openings online, at service centers, through social media, and job fairs; pre-hire assessments, resume pre-screening and recruiting
- Training - On-the-job training reimbursement and incumbent worker training support. These programs are subject to fund availability.
- Partnerships - identifying support resources from economic developers, trainers, and education centers
- Adult and Dislocated Worker programs provide the unemployed and underemployed with the tools to re-enter the job market. They include job search assistance, skill assessment, occupational and on-the-job training, literacy training, post secondary education, and free access to Pure Michigan Talent Connect.