The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center - West is a one-stop solution for manufacturers, providing custom consulting, training and peer-to-peer learning opportunities designed to help manufacturers:
- Increase revenue and profitability
- Accelerate speed to market
- Increase production capacity
- Improve competitiveness
- Improve customer responsiveness
- Increase cost measurement accuracy
WORKFORCE PREPAREDNESS AND TALENT ENHANCEMENT
Michigan Works! West Central is part of a statewide network that connects employers with talent. Its multiple programs and services focus within two program areas:
- Employer Services - Michigan Works! provides a spectrum of human resources services for area employers, including:
- Staffing Needs - Assistance in creating job descriptions, assessment and screening tools.
- Talent Attraction - Promoting job openings online, at service centers, through social media, and job fairs; pre-hire assessments, resume' pre-screening and recruiting
- Training - On-the-job training reimbursement and incumbent worker training support. These programs are subject to fund availability.
- Partnerships - identifying support resources from economic developers, trainers and education centers
- Adult and Dislocated Worker programs provide the unemployed and underemployed with the tools to re-enter the job market. They include job search assistance, skill assessment, occupational and on-the-job training , literacy training, post secondary education, and free access to Pure Michigan Talent Connect.
To learn more, please contact Mark Guzniczak, business development coordinator for Newaygo County. He can be reached at email@example.com or 847.687.0192