Grow, Innovate, and Succeed in West Michigan
Since its introduction as the Furniture City in 1876, West Michigan has been a leading center for quality, technical expertise, and innovation. Here you will find:
- Fortune 100 Companies and Forbes Largest Private Companies
- The world headquarters for such companies as Amway, BISSELL Homecare, Inc., Steelcase, Inc., Herman Miller Inc., and Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. (makers of Hush Puppies and Merrell footwear)
- More than 130 international companies
- The country’s 8th largest cluster of biopharmaceutical suppliers
- Rail, deepwater ports, the state’s second-largest airport, and a transportation infrastructure that offers same-day delivery to Minneapolis, Toronto, Memphis, and other major hubs
Conveniently located between Detroit and Chicago on Michigan’s western shoreline, West Michigan is a center for manufacturing excellence, life science discovery, and technological innovation. Long the home of such office furniture giants as Steelcase, Haworth, and Herman Miller, the region is witnessing unprecedented growth in life sciences with more than $1 billion in current projects.
West Michigan is also a leading center for sustainability and renewable energy, as well as a region that excels in commercializing a wealth of new discoveries: everything from pharmaceuticals to iPhone applications.
To learn more about our location advantages, contact us