Come grow with us.
A world of research infrastructure, private capital, and collaborative partnerships awaits in West Michigan. In this dynamic, growing life-science community, you will find:
- Job Growth: 38.7% industry job growth in West Michigan over the past 10 years, 18 percentage points higher than the national average of 21%.
- Competitive Wages: Average earnings of $63,417, 13% less than the national average.
- Medical Mile: Covering nearly a full square mile of downtown Grand Rapids, this expansive corridor has experienced over $2 billion in investment over the past 15 years.
- Talent: 44,000+ local jobs related to the biosciences in West Michigan, 11% above the national average.
With one of the fastest growing life sciences clusters in the U.S., West Michigan is in the midst of more than $1 billion in recent investments. They include:
- A $178 million 240,000-square-foot expansion of the Van Andel Institute: New research specialties related to Parkinson disease, Alzheimer's, and other chronic illnesses.
- A $120 million Michigan Medical Tower.
- A $23 million Women's Health Center.
- A $60 million Hauenstein Neurosciences Center. The only comprehensive neurological center of its kind in the U.S.
- Spectrum Health – one of the nation’s top integrated delivery systems – $479 million investment in three new centers of excellence in pediatric, cardiac and cancer care.
- A $90 million Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Secchia Center.
Just Imagine What You Can Do Next
These and more resources are available to support your West Michigan expansion. Specialty incentives, research partnerships, and custom training programs for your workforce are just a few of the ways our Business Development team can enhance your project.
To learn more about our business clusters and location advantages, contact us.
Top Life Science Employers
|Autocam Medical||150||Contract manufacturer of high-performance parts for demanding medical applications|
|Dornerworks Ltd||70||Electronics engineering consulting firm supply medical and aerospace industries|
|Firstonic, LLC||170||Contract manufacturer of printed circuit board assemblies, electronic modules, wire harnesses, and electrical panels|
|Market Lab||95||Catalog sales of unique and hard to find products for the clinical lab and assembly of products|
|Mercy Health||6,500||Regional hospital and physician offices|
|Perrigo||3,500||Over the counter pharmaceutical manufacturer|
|Ranir LLC||500||Health and Beauty aid supplies. Dental floss, toothbrushes, breath spray, and health aid travel kits|
|Rose Medical||50||Medical device design, manufacturing, and assembly|
|Safari Circuits||180||Design, manufacture, test, and fulfillment of printed circuit board assemblies for medical industry|
|Spectrum Health||21,000||Medical center, regional community hospitals, a dedicated children's hospital, a multispeciality medical group, and nationally recognized health plan, Priority Health.|
|Van Andel Institute||170||Independent research, development, and educational organization dedicated to studying genetic, cellular and molecular origins of cancer, Parkinson's, and other diseases.|
Data source: Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI) / www.economicmodeling.com.