Medical Device Manufacturing
Over 100 Years of Manufacturing Excellence
West Michigan hosts the highest concentration of medical device manufacturers in the state. As one of the fastest growing medical clusters in the Midwest, the region now employs over 40% of Michigan's medical device professionals. Together we are shaping the future of life sciences in Michigan. West Michigan offers:
- Over $1 billion in medical investments and expansions
- Over $2 billion invested in life-science R&D each year
- The 4th largest cluster of medical device suppliers in the Midwest
- The 4th largest high-tech workforce in the nation
- A growing, life-sciences industry cluster that has exceeded growth of the U.S average with a 27% increase in employment, 32% in the number of companies, and 165% in sales.
- Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing (NAICS - 334516)
- Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing (NAICS - 338112)
- Surgical Appliance and Supplies Manufacturing (NAICS - 339113)
- Dental Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing (NAICS - 339114)
MiDevice is the only Michigan-based organization dedicated to medical device design, development, manufacturing, and distribution. The Consortium works to speed the growth and development of medical devices by emphasizing and encouraging collaboration among members to meet overall product lifecycle and supply chain needs.
There are many resources available to support your West Michigan expansion. Specialty incentives, research partnerships, custom training programs for your workforce are just a few of the ways our Business Development team can enhance your project. Please contact Eric Icard, our Senior Business Development Manager, to learn more about how we can support your expansion.