Entertainment in West Michigan
With the scenic Lake Michigan beaches, plenty of wooded parks, smaller lakes, rivers and trails, the West Michigan region offers an unparalleled variety of seasonal outdoor activities.
More than 1.5 million people attend museums, galleries, theatres, sporting events, and live performances every year. Dine in gourmet, ethnic, and casual restaurants or enjoy the varied night clubs, neighborhood pubs, and wine bars. Either way you're bound to have a good time in virtually every community in the region.
West Michigan Entertainment
- West Michigan Whitecaps, a minor league baseball team affiliated with the Detroit Tigers
- Grand Rapids Griffins, a minor league hockey team affiliated with the Detroit Red Wings
- Van Andel Arena, concerts and other live entertainment
- Roger B. Chaffee Planetarium, amazing educational sky shows
- Cannonsburg Ski Area, Pando Winter Sports Park, snowboard and skiing options
- Hundreds of trails for cross-country skiing, biking and hiking
- Water trails for canoeing and kayaking
- Beautiful West Michigan golf courses
- Find more on Outdoor recreation in West Michigan
- Find more fun events going on in Grand Rapids
West Michigan is full of unabashedly family-centric communities. Recreational options for parents and/or kids can be found everywhere, from our award-winning Children's Museum in downtown Grand Rapids to community pools, apple orchards, bike paths, lifeguarded beaches, splash parks, and stroller-friendly sidewalks.
Additionally, busy working parents can choose from dozens of daycare choices, many of them licensed by the State of Michigan. Find information about childcare and preschool options in Kent County and on the lakeshore.
- Grand Rapids Children's Museum celebrates childhood and the joy of learning in an interactive, hands-on environment
- Millennium Park, a 1,500-acre urban park featuring splashpark, hiking trails, and beaches
- John Ball Zoo has over 1,100 animals and offers educational programs year-round
- Michigan's Adventure amusement park offers rollercoasters, games, and a water park for summer fun
- Robinette's Apple Haus and Gift Barn is a spectacular fall destination
- Klackle Orchards mixes a fruit-growing farm with old-fashioned country fun
- Nature centers in Holland and Grand Rapids
- Check out the Grand Rapids Kids Calendar for entertainment options
- More family-friendly activities in Grand Haven
- More family-friendly activities in Holland
- More family-friendly activities in Muskegon