Site Selection Center
Ask us about West Michigan and we could go on all day, but you need the answers now. Consider this your executive summary. We've included a collection of highlights and demographics that should give you a good idea why we think West Michigan is the Right Place for business.
- More than 130 international companies
- The world headquarters for such companies as Amway, BISSELL, Steelcase, Herman Miller, and Wolverine World Wide
- 8th largest biopharmaceuticals cluster in the U.S.
- 7th among U.S. states for investment in R&D
- The second most diverse agricultural market in the U.S.
Grand Rapids MSA Economic Overview
- Total Population (2016): 1,047,200
- Growth Rate for Previous 5 Years: 5.1%
- Jobs (2016): 578,700
- Average Earnings (2016): $52,900
- Gross Regional Product (2016): $68,676,322,844
For more information, please visit our Data Center.