Jodi NicholsExecutive Director, Lake County Economic Development Alliance | Program Manager
Jodi serves as the Executive Director of the Lake County Economic Development Alliance. In this role, she provides business support services to prospective and existing companies. She works to improve the overall economic state of Lake County through business retention, expansion, and attraction.
Prior to joining The Right Place, Jodi spent more than 20 years doing community development work with non-profit organizations in West Michigan. She’s worked with United Way, Habitat for Humanity, and Girl Scouts, and has held various leadership positions including serving as an Executive Director, Director of Development, Director of Fundraising & Marketing, and more.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration | Grand Valley State University
- Economic Basics Course Completion
- Non-Profit Fundraising Executive Certificate | Indiana University, Lilly School of Philanthropy
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) Redevelopment Ready Communities Certification
- MEDC Certified Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Grant Administrator
- Lake County Economic Development Alliance Board
- Lake County Community Foundation Board
- Lake County Tourism Development Work Group
- Lake County Broadband Expansion Liaison
The Right Place, Inc.
- 876 Baldwin Downtown Redevelopment Project, Baldwin, MI
- Peterson Farms Expansion (Shelby Twp.), Addition of four new product lines, 50+ new jobs, $22M Capital Investment including $1M CDBG Grant (2020)
- Baldwin Brownfield Redevelopment, $260,000 EGLE grant for demolition and remediation of blight property, developed into $1M retail space. (2020)
United Way of the Lakeshore
- Community fundraising campaigns of $2.4 million annually
- Brought Employer Resource Network services to Muskegon area businesses
- Launched the A.L.I.C.E initiative for workforce programming in Muskegon, Newaygo, and Oceana Counties
Muskegon County Habitat for Humanity
- Led the development of $2.6 million in workforce housing
- Tripled the size and revenue of the retail program