Kristi Lucas-ZimmermanEconomic Development Director, Chamber Alliance of Mason County
Kristi serves as the Economic Development Director of the Chamber Alliance of Mason County. In this role, she provides business support services to prospective and existing companies. She works to improve the overall economic state of Mason County through business retention, expansion, and attraction.
Prior to joining The Right Place, Kristi taught social studies at Ludington High School for 22 years, then served as principal of O. J. DeJonge Middle School.
Following a 27-year career in education, she joined United Way of Mason County, where she was the coach for the Lakeshore Employer Resource Network, a collaboration among 12 county employers, Michigan Works!-West Central and the Department of Health & Human Services. She also started the Getting Ahead/Staying Ahead program at United Way, a class to help people living in or near poverty build their resources.
Additionally, Kristi helped create and facilitate Impact Mason County, a collective impact initiative for economic development.
- Bachelor of Science, History – Central Michigan University
- Master of Arts, Humanities – Central Michigan University
- Master of Arts, Education Leadership – Walden University
- Past board member, United Way of Mason County
- Current board member, Community Foundation of Mason County
- Certified Trainer – Bridges Out of Poverty