TaRita D. JohnsonSenior Vice President, Talent & Diversity
Prior to joining The Right Place in October 2021, TaRita served as the Director of the Career Center at Calvin University where she was responsible for the center’s overall mission to equip students to succeed on their lifelong vocational path. She oversaw the center’s career coaching, employer relations, event and marketing analytics, and assessment. She was responsible for cross-divisionally creating and launching a career and life skills program, Calvin LifeWork.
Before joining Calvin, TaRita was a Talent Acquisition Manager for corporate recruiting at Meijer. She oversaw recruitment for accounting, audit, finance, human resources, information technology, legal, properties, procurement, and real estate.
Previous to her work at Meijer, she was Vice President of College and University Relations at KeyBank where she developed, executed, and oversaw the bank’s college recruitment program for all lines of business.
Her other positions include adjunct Social Work professor at
Calvin, Assistant Director of Admissions at Baldwin Wallace University,
Enrollment Management Officer at Pennsylvania State University, Psychiatric
Specialty Counselor at Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, and Program
Specialist for TRIO’s Educational Talent Search Program at Savannah State
- PhD, Higher Education, Azusa Pacific University (August 2022)
- Dissertation: Cultural Competence in Executive Women Leadership
- Master of Social Work, The University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Social Work, Miami University
- Cultural Intelligence, Cultural Intelligence Center
- Unconscious Bias, Cultural Intelligence Center
- DDI Targeted Selection Interviewing System
- Korn Ferry Leadership Architect