Julie BurrellEconomic Development Director - Newaygo County | Regional Partner Lead
Julie serves as the Economic Development Director for Newaygo County’s Economic Development Partnership. In this role, she provides business support services to companies in Newaygo County, focusing on business retention and expansion. She also focuses on supporting the entrepreneurial ecosystem through innovative programming and events, such as Pitch North. In addition to her role as the Economic Development Director, Julie also serves as the Regional Partner Lead for The Right Place, leading the partner county team, providing mentorship and guidance with the strategies and initiatives specific to the regional partnership model.
Prior to joining The Right Place, Julie worked for 14 years in the telecommunications industry at companies such as Sprint and Frontier. She also owned and operated Pumpndo, a startup company.
Bachelor of Science, Health Communications | Grand Valley State University
Certifications and Awards
- 2021 Newaygo County’s Most Influential Woman in Business
- Patented Inventor
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate, USF Corporate Training and Professional Education (Issued May 2021)
- Certified Grant Administrator, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (Issued July 2020)
- Newaygo County Tourism Council, Board President
- United Way of the Lakeshore – Newaygo County, Community Committee Member
- Gerber Federal Credit Union, Supervisory Committee Member
- Junior Achievement Newaygo County, Board Member
- City of Newaygo, Tax Increment Finance Authority Board Member
- Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial, Board Member
- Hesperia Panther Parent Club, Founding Member