Kelly WawsczykExecutive Director, Mecosta County Development Corporation
Kelly serves as the Executive Director for the Mecosta County Development Corporation. In this role, she leads the promotion of economic development in Mecosta County through the attraction, retention, and expansion of business and industry.
Kelly has a vast knowledge of community development and has volunteered on many committees including serving as the Chair of the Leadership team on the White Cloud Revitalization Committee, and holding a seat on the Newaygo County Economic Development Advisory Committee. She also assisted the Headway Coalition of Newaygo County as the Project Assistant, bringing together twelve community sectors, collecting and compiling data, presenting to key stakeholders, and providing support with ongoing initiatives.
- Penn Foster Distance Learning
- Top 5 StrengthFinders: Positivity, Strategic, Relator, Developer and Includer
- Vice President/Marketing Chair, Newaygo County Tourism Council
- Search and Rescue, Newaygo County Emergency Preparedness
- United Way Newaygo County
- Planning Commission, Merrill Township Offices
- Polar Plunge Special Olympics, Mecosta/Osceola County
- Boy Scouts Den Leader
- Girls Basketball Coach, Grade 3-6
- American Cancer Society
Past Work Involvement Committees:
- Scriber in Command Center/Emergency Preparedness Team, Spectrum Health Gerber Memorial
- Quality Improvement Team, District Health Department #10
- Fundraising for The Wildlife Center at Legends Ranch
View Mecosta County’s webpage here.