Steven LopezBusiness Development Specialist, The Center-West
Steven Lopez is a Business Development Specialist for The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center-West (The Center-West), primarily serving small and mid-size manufacturers located in Kent County. In his role, Steven works with manufacturers to provide benchmarking and assessment services, helping them to better understand their current state and potential improvement paths.
Prior to joining The Center-West/The Right Place team, Steven gained over 10 years of manufacturing leadership experience in the Chicago area. He has held various titles throughout his career, including Quality Assurance Analyst, Production Supervisor, Production Manager and Plant Manager. Primarily working in small to mid-size manufacturing settings, Steven also has experience with key operational functions, such as planning, scheduling, and lean and six sigma project management.
- Bachelor of Business Management | University of Phoenix
- Data Analytics | Thinkful Bootcamp
- Project Management – Lean Process Certified | Management and Strategy Institute
- Six Sigma Lean Black Belt Professional | Management and Strategy Institute
- Participated in a transition team that moved CookTek from Chicago, IL to Carrollton Tx. Managed a team of trainers to teach the ins and outs of CookTek production.
- Ran Lean and Six Sigma projects at Howe Corporation that transitioned production in the weld shop, the machine shop, and in the production room from a workshop environment into a high-volume process-controlled production environment.
- Developed an in-depth analysis using SQL, Excel, and Tableau to extract cost and revenue insights for a national car rental company. Conducted an analysis to understand the business value from data to develop recommendations for optimizing client revenue.