February 21st, 2023
The Right Place Launches New 2023-2025 Strategic Plan
Today, The Right Place, Inc. has announced the launch of its new three-year strategic plan. The Right Place’s mission is to drive sustainable economic growth and shared prosperity for all in the Greater Grand Rapids Region, and this strategic plan will serve as the organization’s roadmap to success.
Developed in partnership with Ernst & Young and over 300 local community leaders, the plan details a strategic framework that builds towards a 10-year vision: For the region to be amongst the best regional economies in the Midwest. During the development process, The Right Place and E&Y also conducted a benchmarking analysis of 20 peer and aspirant metropolitan regions.
“The Greater Grand Rapids Region continues to be a bright spot for growth in the state of Michigan,” said Randy Thelen, President and CEO, The Right Place, Inc. “We know if we’re to achieve our bold vision of being a Midwest leader, we must compare ourselves against aspirational regions across the nation and proactively address our region’s economic challenges and opportunities.”
The Right Place’s new plan is focused on four core goals:
- Fostering Economic Growth: Drive growth and sustainability with existing regional businesses while attracting strategic businesses to bolster the region’s economic prosperity.
- Champion inclusive opportunities: Expand economic opportunities to create a more vibrant economy.
- Elevate Greater Grand Rapids: Amplify our story to position the region as a destination of choice.
- Boost regional impact: Deepen the bonds among our communities to create a more globally competitive region.
Progress towards these goals will be achieved through continued commitment to the organization’s core pillars of People, Place, and Prosperity, as well as a focus on the region’s strategic growth industries: Advanced Manufacturing, Health Sciences, and Technology. The Right Place will measure the plan’s impact via the following metrics:
- 4,000 jobs retained and created by the end of 2025
- $26.50 average wage by the end of 2025*
- $550M in capital investment by the end of 2025
- $100M in community development investment by the end of 2025
*This wage goal refers to the hourly rate of jobs created/retained within projects The Right Place directly works on in its 8-county coverage region.